At Blervie House in Scotland, we place an A-Z Guide of Things To Do in every bedroom. Planning how to fit it all in is tough because there is such a choice of activities to do in this part of Scotland.
Blervie House is a historic Country House near Forres. A stay in this beautiful house allows you to explore some of the many activities available to you that we have listed below.
If you are not sure where to start with your holiday planning? I just started thinking about visiting Scotland. Not sure where to base yourself for a versatile holiday with many new experiences or even the option to do nothing?
If you are staying with us at Blervie House in Scotland, you might find the following A-Z Guide of Things To Do the answer.
Few areas of Scotland offer such a vast and exciting range of attractions and historical interests as Moray and the North-Eastern coast of Scotland. Some of the attractions are further afield, but all are an hour’s drive.
So, in alphabetical order, have a look through and check out some of the activities that you might want to put on your must-do listing:
- A for Adventure and Auroras – Find out more about White Water Rafting and Auroras here
- B for Balmoral, Battlefields, Beaches, Birding, Black Isle and Bridges – With such a choice, a visit to Culloden Battlefield and a beach should be on your list – you have to decide which one!
- C is for Cairns, Cairngorms, Castles and Cycles – find out more
- D for Distilleries and Dolphins – not just whisky, we produce Gin too. Don’t miss the Moray Firth Dolphins
- E is for Elgin – our closest city and unmissable Elgin Cathedral
- F for Festivals, Findhorn, Forts and more– Scotland excels at Festivals such as the Military Tattoo and more
- G is for Gin and Golf – Explore Scottish Gins and the Home of Golf and the reason for many people’s visit
- H for Harbours and Highland Games – where will you visit
- I for Icehouses – the original refrigeration units are worth the visit
- J is for Johnstons of Elgin and Just not to be Missed
- K for Knockando – a fascinating historic working woollen mill
- L is for lunch – so much choice, or you could make that Logie Steading or Loch Ness
- M for Military Roads and Museums – to view and explore
- N is for Loch Ness – with Nessie, things to do
- O is for Outlander – and 11 Outlander-related activities
- P is for the Picts – with lots of evidence of Pictish activity; find out more here
- Q is for the Queen – find out more about the Queen and the Royal Family in Scotland
- R is for Reindeer, Riding and Rocks – a funny combination, but you can see both here and find out more about riding here
- S is for Seals, Speyside and Distilleries– but it is easy to enjoy all of that here in Moray Speyside
- S is also for Shopping – an essential part of being away from home – find out where you can shop here
- S is also for Skiing, the Snow Roads and Steam Railways – who knew there was all this to do in Scotland
- T stands for The Malt Whisky Trail and doing some touring – you are in Scotland, it has to be done
- U is for Urquhart Castle – on the shores of Loch Ness; this Castle is well worth the trip
- V is for Visitor Centres – as a tourist destination, Scotland has some great visitor centres – here are 5 of the best
- W brings us to Walkers, Whales and Whisky – would you visit any of these activities
- X is for Aircraft Technology – find out more on this page
- Y is for Why Not Come Again; there is so much to do you might have missed something out
- Z is for Zoos – another link as to what to expect to see in terms of Wildlife at both the Wildlife Park and on Blervie House Estate
Of course, many people have their plans and activity ideas I have not even mentioned. Likewise, many people on holiday are here to relax and plan every day depending on how they feel or the weather. Equally, many people like personal advice on what to do and we are always happy to find time to advise people.
Here at Blervie, we also recommend activities, walks and ideas we have done ourselves to speak from experience. If you are unsure or need help, please let us know – we are here to help.