Happy New Year to everyone. In Scotland, we celebrate Hogmanay with a traditional Ceilidh. The evening finishes with the traditional Robbie Burns “For Auld Lang Syne” and a little bit more Scottish tradition with The Bonnie Banks o’ Loch Lomond – a great way to end the year and bring in the New Year. Then in true traditional style that is followed by a bit of first footing and the not to be missed Scottish Black Bun.
For those of you up here on the 11thJanuary there will be a second celebration of the New Year with the Burning of the Clavie at Burghead
So we are looking forward to welcoming both old and new friends in 2019 and have the following planned:
- We are planning to offer B&B for you and your horse for those of you have your own horse and like to ride new trails and to this effect our six stables are nearly finished. We have re-seeded two paddocks which will be available to provide grazing for our own and guests’ horses.
- Our BBQ that we commissioned in late Summer was a huge success and we intend to offer our guests more BBQs and informal meals out on the terrace during the summer.
- We have joined Wolsey Lodges which means we can suggest other premises to stay in that operate in a similar manner to ourselves.
- We have become members of the North Coast 500 route and are well placed for overnight stays for the start or finish of this stunning route.
- We have updated our Things To Do in Moray website page giving lots of ideas and suggestions of things to do and see in the area.
And our favourite review for 2018 was:
“This is a hard country home to leave. Thank you for making our stay magical, your warm, kind and gracious hospitality was beyond compare, food was superb. Can’t wait to return. A thousand thanks. Chip and Pam”
Therefore our resolution for 2019 is to earn more such accolades and please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if we help you plan a trip.